martes, 17 de noviembre de 2015

DANIEL'S STORY


Last month, I had planned to go to a rock festival in Nice in the south of France. I had booked my flight weeks before and I was really looking forward to it. I had to get the underground to Heathrow Airport and catch a flight to Paris at eleven and then catch another flight from Paris to Nice to get to the concert.

Well, on the morning I was due to leave, I had set my alarm for 6 a.m., but I had forgotten to turn it on, so I didn’t wake up until eight o’clock. Then of course I had to hurry to get to the underground. I was lucky because I only had a small rucksack to carry.

After a long underground journey, I finally arrived at Heathrow Airport at 10.15 and ran to the check-in desk. But the flight had already closed. I couldn’t believe I was going to miss the festival, after all the planning! I was really upset and I was about to go home when the woman at the check-in desk made a quick phone call to the departure gate. Fortunately, the plane hadn’t taken off yet. She told me to follow her and we ran through the departure lounge. I got on the plane just as they were closing the door. So I was just in time!

EXERCISES

1.- Underline all the verbs in the past perfect, past simple and was continuous.

2.- Circle all the vocabulary related to travelling.

3.- Underline all the linking words and expressions.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario